Graduate Software Engineer
AlphaLab Capital is looking for a Graduate/Junior Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
- Work closely with senior engineers and company leadership to ensure alignment of business goals with software development projects
- Expand trading to new markets by building connectivity to global financial exchanges
- Build core components of a high-performance trading system, including core libraries for high-efficiency logging, shared memory IPC, uniform interface to trading strategies, etc.
- Design, build, test and deploy proprietary software such as:
- Trading simulator optimized for distributed computations
- Large-scale data collection, management and visualization systems
- Analytics tools to enable advanced mathematical modeling
- Post-trade analysis and reconciliation to support efficient operations
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Provide on-call support as necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related degree
- 0 to 2+ years of experience in software development in small, fast-moving technology-driven companies; some trading or fintech industry experience or interest preferred
- Fluent with imperative and object-oriented languages; Python, Java, C++, and/or C# preferred
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with network and asynchronous programming, websockets & REST interfaces, agile development
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Participation in company bonus pool
- Daily catered lunch
- Health insurance and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
About AlphaLab Capital
AlphaLab Capital Group is a technology-driven trading group that transacts over $2B daily in cryptoassets on 40+ exchanges, both centralized and decentralized. Since 2017, we have consistently generated exceptional returns (aka alpha).
We were one of the first movers in quantitative trading on the blockchain, and today we operate thousands of algorithms 24/7 on a globally distributed network of trading servers. Our team sits across 3 continents with headquarters in Singapore.