AlphaLab Capital is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to optimize and implement our software development methodologies and architecture. We are looking for someone to execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately, and securely. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
- Develop, maintain and administer tools which will automate operational activities and improve engineering productivity.
- Design and implement procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance, perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- (Re)design & improve infrastructure & application monitoring and alerting stack (e.g. Prometheus, OpsGenie).
- Automate infrastructure management using configuration management and provisioning tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform).
- Design, implement, support and improve tools the team depends on (e.g. CI/CD, monitoring, data processing, research cluster management).
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time.
The Ideal Candidate
- Prior exposure to large-scale systems design, troubleshoot distributed systems, cloud-native applications or other relevant areas.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Science, Engineering, Computing or equivalent.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Java and/or Python.
- Experience with core AWS services, monitoring solutions and Linux administration.
- In-depth understanding of how OS, processes, threads, CPU, and memory work.
- Strong notions of security best practices.
- A technologist who is passionate about their field and able to show deep technical credibility to their team and the wider company.
- Cloud services: AWS, Alibaba Cloud, Azure, GCP, collocation knowledge
- IaC: Terraform, Ansible
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, ELK
- Alerting: OpsGenie
- Database: AWS AuroraDB (MySQL 5.6), general database administration, optimization a plus
- CI/CD: CircleCi
- Code version control and management: Github
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Participation in company bonus pool
- Daily catered lunch
- Health insurance and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
About AlphaLab Capital
AlphaLab Capital Group is a technology-driven trading group that transacts over $2B daily in cryptoassets on 40+ exchanges, both centralized and decentralized. Since 2017, we have consistently generated exceptional returns (aka alpha).
We were one of the first movers in quantitative trading on the blockchain, and today we operate thousands of algorithms 24/7 on a globally distributed network of trading servers. Our team sits across 3 continents with headquarters in Singapore.