AlphaLab Capital is a leading provider of technology for quantitative trading. Each day, our infrastructure and algorithms enable traders to supply billions of dollars of liquidity to major exchanges around the globe. We are looking for a skilled financial controller to perform an integral management role overseeing all financial operations, accounting, and administration functions for our business. This is a foundational role that provides excellent opportunity to lay the groundwork for a best practice financial management function, accounting systems, and policies and procedures.
As the controller, you will have responsibility for preparation of financial reports, payroll and taxation matters, oversight of external vendors, and optimization of our financial processes. You will work closely with our co-founders to minimize risk and ensure our regulatory and management requirements are achieved in an accurate and timely manner. You are a self-starter capable of building collaborative partnerships across the organization.
Summary of key responsibilities
- Establish finance ledgers and ensure they are timely, complete, and structured for the dual purpose of providing relevant information to internal users and meeting reporting obligations
- Initiate and maintain effective control procedures to ensure all assets, liabilities, income, and expenses are accurately recorded
- Prepare periodic management reports and statutory and tax filings for several entities in multiple jurisdictions
- Oversee and improve existing payroll, reporting, tax, procurement, and related processes
- Define the operational framework by which the core finance function interfaces with other parts of the business
- Partner with other finance functions to complete budgets/forecasts and collaborate with business stakeholders on the financial performance and accuracy of reporting for their business units
- Assist with managing operational issues as and when required
- Liaise with and manage external vendors such as accountants and corporate secretarial advisors
- Stay up-to-date on relevant accounting and tax regulations to provide guidance on actions required, maintaining internal knowledge management
- Degree qualified in finance, accounting, business or a related discipline, with CA qualification
- 10 years of experience in a professional services, financial, trading, investment, or similar company
- Experience in all aspects of financial and management accounting and tax compliance
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards and reconciliations with experience or interest in the digital asset and blockchain space
- Thorough grounding in bookkeeping activities and finance processes for small/medium enterprises
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvements and experience in delivery of said improvements and project implementations
- Excellent communication skills with versatility and willingness to learn and embrace new or unfamiliar matters as the company evolves
About AlphaLab Capital
AlphaLab Capital Group is a technology-driven trading group that transacts over $2B daily in cryptoassets on 40+ exchanges, both centralized and decentralized. Since 2017, we have consistently generated exceptional returns (aka alpha).
We were one of the first movers in quantitative trading on the blockchain, and today we operate thousands of algorithms 24/7 on a globally distributed network of trading servers. Our team sits across 3 continents with headquarters in Singapore.