Principal, Market-Making & Ventures
AlphaLab Capital is expanding on our position as one of the largest quantitative traders on the blockchain to make venture investments and offer market-making to digital-asset companies. We seek a seasoned investment professional to lead this business.
As Principal, you will build and lead a diverse team to source investment and partnership opportunities, perform due diligence, close deals, provide market-making, and ultimately generate returns on our capital and efforts. This is a foundational role with opportunity to lay the groundwork for the company’s deeper partnership and investment in the digital asset start-up ecosystem.
- Lead the Venture & Market-Making team, with ultimate responsibility for generating returns on our venture capital and market-making efforts
- Source, evaluate and close venture investments and market-making partnerships.
- Learn about market-making to be able to speak with authority about AlphaLab’s capabilities as a market-maker and value-add investor, and provide consultative value to token projects and exchanges interested in market-making
- Actively monitor the performance of our investments and market-making partnerships, and where appropriate assist portfolio companies with growing their businesses and success in the capital markets
- Manage the Investment Associates to conduct investment research and due diligence, arrive at decisions on opportunities, and close deals
- Manage the Client Partners to sign market-making partnerships, communicate with clients, work with our internal trading teams, and generally manage client relationships for long-term success
- Build AlphaLab’s relationships and visibility in the digital asset ecosystem e.g. with startups, token projects, venture firms, incubators, accelerators, DAOs, etc.
- Create and improve processes and infrastructure to ensure long-term scalability of the investment process
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record and expertise in venture capital
- Demonstrated ability to build professional networks and translate those connections into mutual value
- Experience and desire to build, lead and develop a team
- Able to easily synthesize financial, operational, and other analyses to evaluate opportunities
- Able to make decisions with conviction while balancing a rigorous due diligence process, reasoning from first principles, and the ambiguity of emerging technologies
- Willing and eager to become a subject matter expert on market-making
- Curiosity and excitement to explore the outer edge of an emerging industry
About AlphaLab Capital
AlphaLab Capital Group is a technology-driven trading group that transacts over $2B daily in cryptoassets on 40+ exchanges, both centralized and decentralized. Since 2017, we have consistently generated exceptional returns (aka alpha).
We were one of the first movers in quantitative trading on the blockchain, and today we operate thousands of algorithms 24/7 on a globally distributed network of trading servers. Our team sits across 3 continents with headquarters in Singapore.